photo banner2_zpsd42f5f4b.jpg

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pen Tool: Dog


In our second lesson of EGD this week, we learned how to outline and colour in pictures that we can trace off templates. This is a useful skill as now we no longer need to draw out our pictures free hand. Above, I have inserted a picture of the dog that I outlined and coloured using the pen tool. It took a bit of getting used to but I eventually was able to easily draw and manipulate the lines and curves to make my desired shape. However there are still some parts that were not outlined properly and they became even more obvious when I had to colour the picture in as there are some parts with the white background showing through. If I have to use this technique in my individual assignment, I will ensure that I am more careful will outlining the template. I will also constantly use the "zoom in" tool to ensure that my lines are all in the correct place. This will allow me to have a better end result as there will no longer be any white spaces with the background showing through.

No comments:

Post a Comment