photo banner2_zpsd42f5f4b.jpg

Thursday, May 29, 2014

EGD Project: Road and Nerds

Before

After

For my EGD project, I have decided to make an advertisement on Nerds Candy. I wanted to make the pieces of candy walk down an isle all the way to a castle. I also wanted the place that they were in to look like a candy wonderland. I then took a picture off of google and started editing it. By using illustrator, I was able to change the colour of the road. I made it pink to give it the cotton candy feel and then I also gave it a gradient effect so that it would look more 3D and less flat. After I  was happy with the colour, I went back to Photoshop and used a clipping mask to give road a brick texture. This helped bring it to life and made it look more realistic. Next, I started on creating the little Nerds candies. From referencing a picture of them, I created their shape with several circles in illustrator and then put the overlapping circles together to create one whole shape by using the pathfinder. I then coloured the shapes in and gave them some shadows to make them look less 2D. 

Next I will be concentrating on changing the colours, sizes and placements of the candies as not all the Nerd's sweets look the same. I will also be changing the things in the background to look more like a candy wonderland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment