photo banner2_zpsd42f5f4b.jpg

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Nothing Personal

All Time Low "Nothing Personal" album cover

All Time Low is one of my all time favourite bands and one of my favourite albums from them is undoubtedly "Nothing Personal". The music in the album is great but I would be lying if I said I wasn't the least bit bias to it because of how great the album cover looks.

The first thing that I like about the album cover is the pattern in the background. This helps the cover seem less ordinary and plain as if you're not looking at the middle of the cover, there's still something else to look at as compared to just a plain solid coloured background. The next thing I like about the cover is that the designers put a lot of effort into emphasizing the band and album name. Instead of just putting the band and album name on the patterned background, they put it against a white background to help it stand out more and thus helping to capture the public's attention. The last thing that I like about the album cover is the fact that everything is balanced. If a line is drawn horizontally through the cover, you will be able to see that the album is perfectly balanced. From the images surrounding the band and album name to the birds at the top and the paint splatters at the bottom of the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment