photo banner2_zpsd42f5f4b.jpg

Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Golden Ratio: Examples


Even though this is not a newsletter, I feel that from this example of how the golden ratio is used, I can still incorporate it into my project. Using this example, they show how the main 60% of the page is what they want people to first see and the remaining 40% consists of the smaller details. This ending point, where people also tend to focus the most at, would then be the SALE- FINAL REDUCTIONS sign. I can use this in my newsletter as instead of adding in too many words and cluttering up the whole page, I would fill the first 60% of the page with a picture then then the other 40% would be text giving information that relates to the picture. The ending point could then maybe be a title or a logo. 


Another example would be this. My first 60% could be a picture and some texts while the remaining 40% could be a side bar that contained less important information. By applying the golden ratio, I am not only ensuring that the layout of my newsletter is clear, I am also ensuring that all the main points of my newsletter are highlighted and that they are not overshadowed by the less important parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment