photo banner2_zpsd42f5f4b.jpg

Thursday, June 26, 2014

EGD E-Learning


For this weeks EGD e-learning, we had to finish 1 out of 4 tutorials that were posted on olive. Since I'm quite a new of photoshop, I decided to just do the easiest tutorial and learn more of the basics. Even though it was stated as an easy mode tutorial, it was nothing but easy for me. I found it hard to understand quite a number of the steps but after consulting youtube for photoshop tutorials, I was able to figure most things out. 

I find this tutorial extremely useful as one of the things that they focused on was how to use brushes to add in texture and dimension. At first, my piece looked really dull and 2D as it was all just a solid black colour. However with the brush tool, I was able to splatter some portions of greys, black and white all over the piece. The splatter effect also helped make the piece look as though it would have an interesting texture if you were to touch it.

I also plan to use this in my EGD advertisement as now, there are a lot of white spaces and the piece looks very 2D and it does not stand out as much as I would like it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment